Saturday, March 27, 2004


Near...... Far


The longer I've been living away from home, the more I realize that my family members are somewhat similar to me... my Mom sends me all kinds of cards she's made and my sister sends me funny emails of her adventures in Florida.

Really, she should just start a blog.

"Bridget and I were going to go to the beach on the gulf side today but there's been bad rip currents and 4 people have drowned in the last week, so they are advising not to go in past your ankles. So that kind of defeats the purpose. Instead I've been cleaning our kitchen and living room like they have never been cleaned before. It was sooooooooooooooooo disguisting you wouldn't believe. There was an ant colony partying it up in a can of bacon fat under the sink. I don't know when the last time the vacuum filter was changed. I still need to wash the kitchen floor but I've had enough for now. I've also done some yard work, I plan on having a bit of a garden so I've been clearing out weeds from right around the house (some one had planted flowers and a few vegetables in the past) plus I picked up all the spanish moss, branches, palm bark, pine cones, etc off the lawn, resulting in a gigantic pile of stuff that I'm not sure what to do with. Soon after that our neighbour came and mowed our lawn (he must have noticed I was cleaning up) so the yard looks much better. We have a deck and I said something to Bridget about having parties on it and she laughed as if that were impossible (oh yeah, I cleaned up the deck earlier this month.) Well, Lauren actually seems to have planned a cookout this afternoon in our yard. So Bridget is going to get back from town and see we are having a party on our deck. Ha ha."

No comments: