Friday, March 05, 2004


And the Beat Goes On


I am supposed to be going to Montana tomorrow, but I have not yet decided whether or not I will be going. It would be ever so nice to have a break... but I need to keep plugging away at my work, and it would also probably be smart of me to save my money for whatever is coming my way in the future.

I have been working once again all afternoon on my Excel spreadsheets for my paper... I thought I had discovered a goldmine of a shortcut that would allow me to just copy and past things directly off my surveys on the server that houses the answers into Excel, but alas, I have discovered that when people left a "no answer" this messes things up big time. So, I will thus be forced to continue to print out all the surveys and type the answers into Excel by hand. It is very very interesting, but also very tedious. And if I could in any way spend less time in my day staring at a computer screen, I would like to do that!

I am also in the midst of getting a new blog ready where I will be publishing some of the results and will attempt to dialog on it a bit. I would give you the link here, but a) it's not quite ready, and b) there are still quite a few surveys that need to be completed in full before I want to dialog about my topic. Thank you though to everyone who continues expressing interest in my survey and project. Things will be up and running shortly, and I look forward to talking to you about them.

Sorry to those of you not interested in my survey or schoolwork at all... I will be back to regular non-academic posting hopefully soon. Right now though, I'm living and breathing and staring at research.

No comments: