Tuesday, January 27, 2004


These are A Few of My Favourite Things


Coming back from my Gramma's house the other day on the bus, there was nothing I wanted more than to lie down on our couch and listen to John Mayer* and drink something tasty.

Something like peppermint tea or some milk chocolate Swiss Miss. Except we don't have Swiss Miss in Canada, and I only have one packet left in my cupboard. And I'm saving that for a very special day. Or a very crummy day. I'll know which when that day happens.

There are a few beautiful things in life. Actually many beautiful things. Walking at night and gazing up at a seemingly endless expanse of sky. Bike riding in the summer. Taking photographs. Laughing with your grandmother. Dreaming of future things. Talking for hours with someone, or being perfectly comfortable for the same amount of time with them sitting in silence. Graduation. Worship. Understanding something new. Having hope. Trusting. Letting go.

*except my roommates have something against John Mayer... this is an enigma to me.

No comments: