Saturday, January 17, 2004


FLying


So every day I pass by this old grey 1947 (I think) Cadillac with a cool hood ornament. I seriously think it's one of the coolest things of all time.

Materially speaking, I mean. If I didn't have any moral values or convictions I would be tempted to get a screwdriver and lift it off of there. But I think you always get found out in the end.

I stole twice. Both times were in kindergarten. The first time was during Show and Tell day... Kara Seal's beaded doll made out of safety pins "accidentally" fell into my bag out of her bag on the bag shelf and then my Mom phoned her mom that night in case they were concerned that it had been lost. The second time was when I was in the morning kindergarten class and there was also an afternoon kindergarten class and Laureena Laliberte from the afternoon class had forgotten her purse and I told the teacher it was mine.

I made up an elaborate scheme and told my Mom that I found it by the fence by our house. At the time we were living on a farm with three other houses, and so it wouldn't take much to figure out whose purse it actually was if it indeed was left there under legitimate circumstances, but my 6-year-old mind didn't think of that. Thus, I was forced by my mother to go and ask all the other kids if it was their's. Of course it wasn't, and I got to keep the purse, but I think my mother was probably very perplexed.

A couple of years later in grade three my guilty conscience was getting to me and I traded the purse to Angeline St. Germain. Loreena Liberte found out.

No comments: