Tuesday, January 06, 2004


Brush Your Teeth


I currently have three toothbrushes and three tubes of toothpaste on the go.

It's not because I'm obsessed with personal hygiene. I mean, I think personal hygiene is important, but let's not be obsessed about it.

The reason I have three toothbrushes in a Mary Poppins' mug on my bathroom counter is because of the following factors: I have this really cool one that really should go... but it's hard to give it up. It's a good brusher. Then I bought a new blue one just before Christmas, and then I got a new lime green one for Christmas. The new one I just had to try, instead of save for when the blue one got old. So, thus, the three toothbrushes on the go.

The three toothpastes are due to the fact that I got one for Christmas and the other two I had because I like variety. Seriously, who wants to use the same toothpaste every day? Is this necessary and/or even logical? I don't think so. There are too many good flavours and/or mouthy freshnesses to choose just one.

Christmas 1983 I can remember getting this lovely mint green toothbrush with "Michelle" written on the handle in white capital letters. My American aunt gave me the toothbrush, so that automatically made it cool. But the fact that it had my name on it made it even cooler. I had that toothbrush for a long time. I kept it in one of the drawers under my bed when my Mom said I couldn't use it any more, just so I could take it out and look at it, it was that cool. (Mint green, by the way, was my favourite colour for about 15 years... I pretty much can't stand it anymore though after living with a barfo mint green desk for a year and a half of art school).

No comments: