Wednesday, December 10, 2003


random thoughts on love and like and lust


a collection from random surfing on the web...

"Dear future wife,

Please hurry things up. I'm tired of waiting for you. I'm tired of waiting to hug your neck, and love you for the rest of your life.
your future husband,
"

Josser

"You walk away kissless and unfrustrated because life is longer than a moment. You are content to wait. And want."
-jason killingsworth

"When you love, the whole world should know."
-carly

"Is there anything more magical then a kiss that makes your knees buckle?"
-ryan

" i am here by myself. and for most nights for the next year or more, i will end my day much the same. and that's more than okay with me, i guess. but i still wonder when it won't be quite like this....when i'll lie in bed and hear the cadence of another's breathing...when i'll have in-laws and babies and a mortgage....and i'll be called by another name....

and maybe by then, my heart will not remember so well these moments in the dark, me sinking under the covers, waiting for warmth to surround me....the loneliness and freedom intermingled in the center of my chest. breathe in. breathe out. it's just me. God...will it always be just me?....

thank you that it's just me.

please don't let it always be just me."

-sarah

" In the past I felt like I was the only one and at one point I thought I was crazy for even speaking of such things, because some of my friends just did not want to talk about it. I truly believe the more we talk about things in our lives, the more we ask questions, the closer and closer we can get to God."
-travis

"It's not a game. Romance is fun, three hour phone calls are lovely, midnight strolls and cuddling is great, but it's not enough to build a life on. There's a reason the divorce rate in this country is so high, and I think part of the problem can be traced back to people falling head over heels and not thinking clearly enough to evaluate their choice of a life partner soberly."
-sarah hatter

"i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)". -e.e. cummings
-matthew

"And I am once again, alone. Eleven months in line to ride the big roller coaster and when I get to the front of the line and they closed the ride."
-stacey george

what is love anyways?

"Love isn't the tingly sensation you feel when you hold someone's hand for the first time. Love isn't the breath-catching feeling you have when you think someone thinks only of you. True, lasting love comes after struggling together through the hard times, remembering the good times, and having faith that God will help you over one more hill together. Ture love is accepting yourself, with all your strengths and weaknesses, and accepting the other peson in the same way. Rembering that God can fashion anything out of a simple lump of clay, and He can fashion a strong lasting love out of two very different individuals."
- brenda s. hogan

No comments: