Thursday, December 04, 2003


i think people are cool


today i'm doing research for my class "Junior High Youth Ministry" that i took early in november. i am doing a research project on internet use amongst junior high students and “becoming more knowledgeable in an area of current thought regarding junior high ministry, with conclusions related to how one approaches actual ministry with students.”

I’m not sure exactly how to become more knowledgeable in an area of current thought that doesn’t really exist… there isn’t much out there on junior high internet use, other than statistics. What do youth workers think about junior high internet use? Is anyone out there addressing it? Are there any specific ministry issues? This is what I need to know.

I found an internet message board posting from last January and emailed the author to find out whether or not she had found out any more information on her search for teen internet use information, and she emailed me back right away with all kinds of helpful stuff. That was nice.

That’s what I love about the internet.

No comments: