Thursday, December 04, 2003


confessions of a geek


tonight i finished a Christmas present for my dad, it's a framed 3-D picture I made him of two ewes and a lamb in a field. i think it looks pretty cool actually, and he pretty much likes anything with sheep on it and anything i have made, so i'm all set! ;) the frame wasn't really what i would have liked, but it is hard to find frames that will accomodate something that isn't quite so flat.

i bought a new scrapbook on tuesday. the two that i've made so far (one was from summer 2001 when i was a youth intern and my fourth year of college, and the other one was from my first year of seminary) i used a 10x10 book with white pages. my new book however is i think 9" tall by 12" wide maybe... i'm not sure, and with ecru coloured pages, and i am so excited. i can't wait to start it. but all my scrapbooking stuff is at home, so i have to wait until Christmas to pick it up. but, i'm planning already.

if you've never scrapbooked or you've only seen those creative memories scrapbooks that all the church ladies make, then you won't know why i'm so excited. but my scrapbook is cool and not geek-ish. i hope. well, people usually tell me that it's cool. and i love cutting stuff out and arranging it and making neat colour combinations and neat backgrounds and stuff.

anyways, i'll quit typing now. i'm a scrapbooking geek. i just love cutting paper.

"To Him who bleeding offered mercy
To Him who weeping offered praise
To Him chained yet offered freedom
To Him who branded offered grace

I go, when I am wounded
When I am chased
I go, where I’m surrounded
Where I’m embraced"

- "Bleeding Offered," by Matthew Christopher Davidson

No comments: