Friday, November 28, 2003


sub-culture vrs. pop culture


lately I’ve been reading a few blogs from a few other people who also go to the same school as I do (and some who used to but don’t anymore), people I know of but don’t really know. People I see in the hallways every day, and have sometimes talked to, but don’t really have a friendship with. I’m sure there are many more school webloggers that I haven’t found.

It’s interesting to read other people’s writing and perspectives. But sometimes I think it’s weird when they read mine… like they’re getting too close to my mind and delving into my brain. But then again, I’m doing the same thing to them.

But I can’t stop them. My blog is pretty easy to find. I don’t really write anything I don’t want people to know.

Some of these school bloggers are pretty interesting. They write deep thoughts, and funny thoughts. Some of them are disturbing. Finding out one of your old classmates is a practicing gay man is pretty alarming. But reading the struggles of someone striving to stay close to God is encouraging and uplifting.

There’s a guy on the computer next to me, I don’t know who he is, but he’s been reading a bunch of blogs for the past half hour. And there’s this guy on the computer behind me typing an entry for his.

Remember when blogging was less know? Remember when blogging was avant garde? When not quite so many people blogged? When it was more of a distinct sub-culture and not pop culture?

No comments: