Tuesday, September 16, 2003


"like walking in the rain"


it's raining outside. it's raining a lot outside.

this morning when i walked to chapel with rachel i said to her, "gee, it looks like it could snow. like, i mean today." but she said "don't be silly." so i said, "welp, it did happen to snow on my birthday this year. and it also snowed two weeks later on may 18th too."

but, thankfully, it is only raining. and not snowing.

i love raining. it's always raining in mikao's world. there used to be this music group in the early 90s called the party that had a song called "walking in the rain" that i loved. and apparently some group called the ronettes also sang it, or so the web tells me.

this song, and rainy days, always make me think of my husband and how much i can't wait to walk with him, on rainy days, and sunny days too.

I want him, and I need him,
And someday someway wooo I'll meet him
He'll be kind of shy, and real good lookin' too
And I'll be certain he's my guy by the things he'll like to do...

Like walking in the rain (like walking in the rain)
And wishing on the stars (and wishing on the stars) up above
And being so in love

No comments: