Tuesday, September 23, 2003


annonymity


the post, since you asked, the other day, was about how i'm no longer as anonymous on the web as i once was... people who see me in real life know that my blog exists. this has happened before, and i didn't care quite so much, but... sometimes i'd prefer not everyone read what i have to say.

i was going to link to a post i made earlier this month about something i wanted to talk about here... but my archives have been disappearing on me so i can't. this concerns me on many levels... i like my archives.

but anyways, back to what i was going to say...

yes, this is my online journal, so is it really logical of me to expect any privacy? anyone who wants to could find this. it does somewhat concern me that people i know or see every day could be reading this on a regular basis. i like being anonymous to my readers. not anonymous in the fact that you don't know my name, but anonymous in the fact that you don't see me every day walking down the same halls as you. i love my school, and i think it's neat that sometimes people elsewhere find this blog while looking for a blog of someone who attends said school, because my writing, does in some ways, give you a bit of a glimpse into what life is like for a student here. but, something makes me want to quote that stacey orrico song "don't look at me".

is that bad? i'm not sure. should i not be wishing for more anonymity? should i be more open about the fact that i publish my thoughts to the world?

i don't mind that you're reading them. in fact, i hope, that in some way, you may be encouraged by them and find some sort of commonality with me. it is often humbling to me to think that you would think my thoughts worthy of reading. especially my regular readers with whom i have no or little contact.

i think i mostly have this problem with judgement. i worry about other people judging me. which isn't really a good or proper fear to have. i need to let it go.

post script: this entry really doesn't sound like i want it to. i may have more to say later. i think i'm just still... ihhhh. does that make sense? probably not.

more to come.

No comments: