Friday, April 18, 2003


reliance


i think that this next week is going to be a rough one for me. it'll be stressful and involve a lot of reliance on God to get me through it and keep me lifted up. i would write more on why, but... well, i don't want to. i don't want to write that for the world to see.

and, at the end of the week, next Sunday, i'm leaving school for the summer... not to return until September. i don't like change. i wish we could just keep on and that things didn't have to become different.

i tend to become a very settled person... yet i still yearn for adventure. i like it when things don't change until i make them change. i guess it's when the change is out of my control that i don't appreciate it.

i don't want to leave my friends. i don't want to leave our house and my room never to return again. holly and joanne and tamara are all leaving school for good. it'll be odd without them here. it will be different living somewhere else. but, i did only live in this house for one year, and my old dorm for three and a half before that.

but i am excited to see what the summer holds... what God has in store for me and what lessons He'll teach me. that is always exciting. i'm confident in Him.

Hold on
You said
And I held on
Lay down
Your sweet head
And I laid it down

I said
Tell me
All you have seen
And you gave
Of your life
To bring out my dreams...

- Plumb, "Go"

No comments: