Friday, March 21, 2003


just drive


i would just like to announce to the world that i have the whole house to myself all afternoon. this has never happened before that i can remember. this does not happen often in a house of seven females.

and, it also happens to be a clean house too, as our landlord is coming tomorrow with some potential buyers so we thought we'd better clean it up a bit. it looks spectacularly fabulous.

holly went out with jodi for the afternoon. maria and tamara went to an art retreat for today and tomorrow. suzanne is at work. joanne is driving to banff in a rental car. and rachel just got home... so my freedom was short lived. but she lives on the bottom level, and i live on the fourth (we live ina weird split four-level house). so it's almost like i have the whole house to myself.

but anyways, i am going to finish organizing my room. exciting i know. i also need to ice a cake for the surprise birthday party i am throwing tonight.

and in honour of joanne, who is finally taking a roadtrip (even though it may not be the road trip of her dreams)... i am posting some song lyrics. i am looking forward to the day when i can just get in my car and drive away and go anywhere i want. i hope that day comes soon.

I am driving up 85 in the
Kind of morning that lasts all afternoon
just stuck inside the gloom
4 more exits to my apartment but
I am tempted to keep the car in drive
And leave it all behind

- John Mayer, "Why Georgia"

No comments: