Wednesday, December 18, 2002


eerie

I find it eerie how we sometimes adapt so quickly, yet at other times the adaptation comes so slowly.

I’ve adapted to having no one around. That doesn’t mean I like it though, I still search for people.

I have taken to adapting by taking breaks on tamara’s bicycle, biking down centre street and all the way around the east side of town and back to our house. I love the feel of the wind in my hair, and the feel of freedom that comes with being totally in control. And I have perfected the art of riding with no hands these past few days.

On our campus is Saskatchewan’s largest auditorium, which happens to be our chapel, which, in a pinch, can seat about 4500 people. Driving west on Canada’s #1 Highway from Moose Jaw you will pass by a little town with a huge illuminated chapel front. And, if it’s Christmas time, the chapel will be illuminated with a huge blue light. I always thought that the blue light was extremely tacky, but these past couple of days riding by in front of the chapel by bike on the road that no one ever uses I am awed every time as I turn the corner and see the hugeness of the whole building and knowing that it is a building built to honour and glorify God. It is an awe-inspiring sight.

I have adapted the monotony of time by moving to work in the living room on holly’s laptop instead of working in my room on my desktop. I like facing the street and seeing the Christmas lights across the street on all the houses. I like seeing people pass by.

I have adapted to cooking for just me. But I much prefer cooking for more than just me. I remember someone saying on a blog entry that I read a couple of weeks ago that there was no way that they could remain single with that many good recipes in their arsenal. I hope that’s true! : )

Right now I am in the living room typing this when I should be doing homework but I needed a break. Will post this to blogger later when I go back upstairs. I’m listening to robert’s concert on CD turned up loud on the stereo in my room as we haven’t one in the living room. It’s piano, playing The Deep Deep Love of Jesus. We have a big stairwell in the entry way with lofty ceilings and the sound is echoing deep and reverberating off the walls… eerie, but also beautiful.

Oh the deep deep
Love of Jesus
Vast,
unmeasured,
boundless,
free.

- The Deep Deep Love of Jesus, hymn

No comments: