Friday, October 04, 2002

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes


why is it when we accomplish dreams that we always feel unfulfilled? i think somewhere, deep inside, we always wish for dreams to remain unfulfilled because then they are still dreams and not failed accomplishments, there is still a mystery that enfolds and envelops them.

We know what we are,
but know not we may be.
-William Shakespeare


i am definitely not a shakespeare fan... but i have to admit what william says here does have some truth to it. or then again, does it? do we really know what we are? don't we spend the majority of our lives trying to figure out who we are. adolescence especially, is all about searching for personal identity. we continually try on different hats, searching for who we are, searching to be the person, the manifestation of our self, that others like best. but God knows who we really are, even if we sometimes don't have any idea.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well
My frame was not hidden from you
wehn i was made in the secret place.
when I was woven together in teh
depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
-Psalm 139:13-16

No comments: